VA San Diego Healthcare System
Following is a list of forms which must be completed and returned to your HR representative within 1-3 days of receipt. Many forms, including those listed below, as well as benefit information, may be found on the Office of Personnel Management’s website at http://www.opm.gov.
- Declaration of Federal Employment (OF-306) *
- Employment Eligibility Form (INS FORM I-9) *
- Statement of Prior Federal Service (SF-144) *
- Personal Identifying Documents
- Employee Educational Data *
- Applicant’s Statement of Selective Service *(This form is to be completed by male applicants only).
- Statement of Understanding – Temporary Appointment (Provided by your HR Representative where applicable.)
Please bring all of the forms listed below with you on your first day of work. Questions regarding the completion of these forms can be addressed to the HR Representative identified in the letter accompanying this document.
- Direct Deposit Form *
- Income Tax Withholding Forms (W-4 and DE4)
- Vehicle Registration Worksheet
IMPORTANT DEADLINES REGARDING BENEFITS **
Employees with career appointments or appointments for a minimum duration of a year plus one day may be eligible for benefits. If you are eligible for employment benefits and wish to enroll, please take note of the following provisions:
- Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB): You must enroll in health insurance, including dental and vision plans, within 60 days of your appointment. If you fail to enroll within 60 days you will not be able to enroll for coverage until the next “Open Season,” which typically runs mid-November to mid-December each year. Coverage for Open Season elections will take effect the first pay period of the next calendar year.
Note: To enroll in certain dental and vision plans, you must do so at www.benefeds.com or contact the carrier directly.
- Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI): Upon appointment you are automatically covered in a basic life insurance policy, which you can waive at any time. You have 31 days from the date of appointment to elect optional life insurance coverage
If you have any questions, please contact your designated HR Representative using the contact information provided on your offer letter or by contacting the HR Front Desk at (858) 552-8585, ext. 3401.
* Links will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs Website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites. The link will open in a new window.