VA San Diego Healthcare System
What is the ASPIRE Center?
The ASPIRE Center is a 40-bed residential treatment facility aimed at promoting recovery in Veterans, particularly those who returned from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Center will provide temporary housing for Veterans who do not need inpatient care, but would benefit from rehabilitation services for an average of 60-120 days. Although the Center will include elements of mental health and substance abuse treatment for those Veterans who need them, the facility will NOT be an inpatient psychiatric facility or mental health hospital, drug rehab program, homeless shelter, or long-term stay facility.
The Center will provide multiple treatment modalities, including:
- Case Management/Social Work
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Neuropsychological Assessment
- Occupational Therapy
- Educational Classes
- Medication Management
- Complementary/Alternative Therapies
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Intake Criteria & Procedure:
All Veterans will be screened and selected for admission through the San Diego VA Medical Center in La Jolla. To be admitted, the Veteran must:
- Be honorably discharged and eligible for VA health care services;
- Be mentally and medically stable;
- Be motivated to participate in all treatment components focused on recovery and empowerment;
- And be compliant with all program rules (breaking rules can lead to consequences up to and including discharge from the program).
Upon graduation from the RRTP program, the Veteran will transition to his or her own home to live independently with the assistance of a VA Case Manager. VA San Diego Healthcare System has a comprehensive case management team that assists Veterans with all aspects of reintegration including assistance with housing and finding employment.
For questions or additional information, call:
Debbie Dominick, LCSW
ASPIRE Center Director
2121 San Diego Avenue
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone & Fax
Fax: Not Available
Hours of Operation
24/7; Front door is open daily from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
NO walk-ins; Visitors MUST check-in with security