VA San Diego Healthcare System
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Service (PM&RS)
The Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Service (PM&RS) provides diagnosis, multi-disciplinary management and holistic rehabilitative care to Veterans with functional limitations due to neuromuscular and musculoskeletal conditions. These include diagnoses related to musculoskeletal pain conditions, chronic pain conditions, peripheral nerve injuries/disorders, stroke, amputation, and traumatic brain injury, among others. The team approach recognizes the physical, cognitive, social, spiritual, and family factors. The PM&R Service is comprised of physician specialist (Physiatrists), physical therapists, occupational therapists, and recreation therapists.
The PM&RS is also home to several specialty programs such as:
- Polytrauma Amputee Network Site (PANS) for comprehensive and integrated evaluation and rehabilitation for Veterans with amputation.
- Traumatic Brain Injury Clinic for comprehensive and integrated outpatient evaluation for Veterans with concussion or Traumatic Brain Injury.
|La Jolla (PM&R, PT, OT, RT)||1st Floor, East Wing|
|Mission Valley (PT only)||2nd Floor, Physical Therapy|
|Oceanside (PT and OT)||1st Floor, Physical Therapy/Physiatry|
|Rancho Bernardo (PT only)|
|Camp Pendleton Hospital (PT only)||1st Floor, Physical Therapy|
- Physician and Specialty Outpatient Clinics
- Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation Program (CIIRP) 4-6 beds
- Physical Therapy (Outpatient and Inpatient)
- Occupational Therapy (Outpatient and Inpatient)
- Certified Hand Therapy (available in LJ and OS)
- Recreation Therapy (Outpatient and Inpatient)
- Stroke Support Group Program
- Amputee Support Group Program
1st Floor, East Wing
San Diego VAMC
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.