VA San Diego Healthcare System
PTSD Interventions for Veterans Overcoming Trauma using Technology
The PIVOTT Lab conducts research on the most effective ways to bring PTSD treatment to Veterans and their loved ones. The lab looks at ways in which telehealth (meeting with a therapist over a computer using videoconferencing software) can make PTSD treatment more accessible and convenient.
Through current studies, the lab provides various types of psychotherapy to eligible Veterans.
Couples Therapy for PTSD
We are currently offering couples-based PTSD treatment through an ongoing study. If you are Veteran struggling with PTSD or if you are the partner of a Veteran struggling with PTSD, you may be eligible.
What do we provide?
- 8 sessions of a couples-based PTSD intervention with a VA-trained therapist
- $375.00 for completing 1 baseline assessment and 3 follow-up assessments
What is the intervention?
- Each couple is assigned to 1 of 2 evidence-based couples interventions for PTSD. Couples will receive either Cognitive Behavioral Conjoint Therapy (CBCT) or PTSD Family Education (PFE).
- Each couple is assigned to 1 of the following 3 conditions:
- 8 sessions of CBCT where you will meet in-person with a therapist in La Jolla.
- 8 sessions of PFE where you will meet in-person with a therapist in La Jolla.
- 8 sessions of CBCT where you will meet with your therapist through telehealth from your home.
How do I participate?
- First, call our staff to learn more. We will provide a study overview, answer questions, and complete a brief phone screen to see if you are eligible.
- After the phone screen, we will schedule a baseline assessment with each couple. During this assessment our staff will meet with you to see if this treatment is a good fit.
Who do I contact?
If you are interested in participating in one of our studies, please contact:
(858) 552-8585 x7880
If you have general questions about the lab, please contact:
(858) 552-8585 x4325
- Veterans Medical Research Foundation
- 858-552-8585 Ext. 7880
- 858-552-8585 Ext. 4325
Hours of Operation
9:00am - 7:00pm, Mon-Thurs
9:00am - 5:00pm, Fri