VA San Diego Healthcare System
Nutrition and Food Service
Nutrition & Food Service (NFS) provides progressive, patient-centered nutrition services for Veterans through a fiscally sound operation that optimizes their dignity, recovery, rehabilitation, and wellness.
Our team is dedicated to providing expertise in patient nutritional care, food management processes, research, and education of patients, their families, staff, dietetic interns and the community.
Nutrition and Food Service offers the following services for Veteran patients:
- Patient meals, including nourishments
- Medical nutrition therapy
- Patient nutritional counseling
- Outpatient nutrition care
- Nutrition education classes, both inpatient and outpatient
- Cooking demonstrations
- Dietetic Internship program
- M.O.V.E. Weight loss classes
- VA San Diego Healthcare System La Jolla (858-552-8585 ext. 3373)
- Mission Valley Clinic (619-400-5000 ext. 5072)
- Oceanside Clinic (760-643-2000 ext. 4465)
- Chula Vista Clinic (619-409-1600 ext. 6041)
- San Diego VAMC
- 858-552-8585 Ext. 3373
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.