VA San Diego Healthcare System
Chaplain Service/Spiritual Care
The primary objective of the Chaplain Service is to provide for the religious and spiritual welfare of our patients and their family members. The Chaplains provide individual patient care as well as group leadership in the following areas:
- Chapel Worship
- Ward Worship Services (on locked wards)
- Educational and therapeutic groups
- Visitation to most newly-admitted patients within 48 hours of admission
- Follow-up visits as needed
- Pre and post-operation visits
- Seriously ill patient visits
- Spiritual assessments of selected patients
- Special requests of the patient and/or family members
- Referrals from other members of the staff
- Memorial Services are held three times a year
Chaplains are on duty in the medical center seven days a week. In addition a Chaplain is on call each night to provide emergency patient care.
For more information, please call (858) 642-3496.
Catholic: Sunday, 1:00 p.m., Monday - Thursday, 11:30 a.m.
Protestant: Sunday, 9:00 a.m. (2 South - Patients only)
Other: By special arrangement
From Warrior to Soul Mate: Empowering Couples to Joyful Living
A free relationship-building retreats for returning combat Veterans. Our “From Warrior to Soul Mate: Empowering Couples to Joyful Living” retreat is designed to help couples grow in communication skills and emotional wisdom. Practical tools empower partners to work toward a more fully loving and committed relationship. Click HERE to see a video of how three couples experienced the Couples' Enrichment Weekend Retreat.
- San Diego VAMC
Hours of Operation
- M - F, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.