VA San Diego Healthcare System
Health & wellness information is available at the Patient Education Resource Center located at the VA Medical Center La Jolla. The center offers Veterans Health Education Classes and a Patient Health Library for Veteran patients, their family members, and staff.
Veterans Health Education Classes
We offer classes on:
- Arthritis Exercise
- Diabetes Management and Prevention
- Nutrition and weight control
- Mantram Repetition
- Tai Chi & Yoga
- Tobacco Cessation
To sign up for classes, ask your primary care provider for a consult.
Patient Health Library
The Patient Health Library offers:
- access to the Internet, computer databases, Veterans Health Library, My HealtheVet
- a comfortable, quiet space with seating and tables
- health education books, videos, health magazines, models and charts
- personal staff to help you find health information
Patient Health Library is open Monday - Friday.
If you cannot come to the VA Medical Center La Jolla, we may be able to send the health information you need by mail.
For more information call (858) 552-7401 or 1-800-331-8387 (VETS) ext 7401.