VA San Diego Healthcare System
How Does Your VA Health Care Rate?
- Wait times for appointments by location (medical center or clinics)
- Same day services available
- Hospital Compare data (compares VA facilities to other hospitals in the area)
- Outpatient Compare data (how do individual VA facilities compare to other clinics in the area?)
- Nursing home compare
- Patient Experience Compare data
- VA facility quality data
- Veteran satisfaction (patients reported they were always or usually able to get an appointment when needed for primary care (routine).
- Mortality rates 30 days after discharge from hospital
- Readmission rates 30 days after discharge from hospital
- Inpatient immunization for influenza
- Hospital based inpatient psychiatric care
- Substance abuse and tobacco use treatment
- Better patient safety indicators for complications
We strive every day to improve our care and service. If you receive a survey, please complete it with honest feedback. We need to hear about your experience with VASDHS so we can continue to improve.
*compares VASDHS to the following hospitals: Scripps Green, Alvarado, Loma Linda University – Murietta, Scripps Mercy, Tri-City, Palomar, Paradise Valley, El Centro, Sharp Coronado, Grossmont, Sharp Memorial, Scripps Memorial, UCSD Hillcrest, John F. Kennedy, Scripps Memorial – Encinitas, Sharp Chula Vista, Temecula Valley, Kaiser Foundation – Zion, Pioneer Memorial, Southwest