From Warrior to Soul Mate: Empowering Couples to Joyful Living
The VA San Diego Healthcare System now offers relationship-building retreats for Veterans. Our “From Warrior to Soul Mate: Empowering Couples to Joyful Living” retreat is designed to help couples grow in communication skills and emotional wisdom. Practical tools empower couples to work toward a more fully loving and committed relationship.
The four Primary Goals of the retreat are:
- Promoting effective communication
- Strengthening connecting and confiding
- Effective decision-making and conflict resolution
- Strengthening trust and commitment
Couples will experience hands on tools that help them address:
- Stages of relationships
- The relationship road map
- Communication stress styles
- Daily temperature reading
- Talking tips
- Love bank/caring behaviors
- Emotional stages of development
- Dirty fighting
- Fair fight for change
- Uncovering hidden expectations
- Emotional allergies
- Creating relationship agreements
- The emotional jug
For more information, please call the VA San Diego Chaplain Service at (858) 642-3653.
|* Links will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs Website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the link websites. The link will open in a new window.