VA San Diego Healthcare System offers a wide variety of comprehensive mental health treatment programs including individual and group counseling, specialized therapies and medication based on the Veteran’s individual needs and their treatment plan. We provide treatment for:
- Alcohol and drug treatment (Substance Use Disorders)
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Schizophrenia and psychotic disorders
- Family mental health program (Couples/conjoint therapy)
- Loss and bereavement
- Prevention of suicide
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Stop smoking programs (smoking cessation)
- Mental health care
- Support in transitioning from military to civilian life
- Spiritual distress/spiritual pastor care
To access mental health care at the medical center or clinics, there are three options for enrolled patients:
- For emergencies between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, come to the Psychiatry Emergency Clinic at the VA Medical Center, 2nd floor, north wing. After 4:00 pm and on weekends and holidays, please come to the Emergency Department at the VA Medical Center.
- Request a referral from your primary care provider
- Come to the same day walk-in clinic at the medical center on the 2nd floor, north wing.
For more information, call (858) 642-3391.