My HealtheVet is designed to help improve your health care by providing one-stop, online access to better manage your overall health, and make informed health decisions. It provides access to VA health care, information, and services 24/7.
How it Works
My HealtheVet is a website designed for VA patients that allows you to refill VA prescriptions, view VA appointments, receive VA Wellness Reminders, and communicate with participating VA primary care teams. It is also an online Personal Health Record where you can record, track, and store your personal health information. In addition, you can explore and research trusted health care information.
Features at a Glance:
Registered VA Patients Can:
- Refill prescriptions
- Record military and family health histories
- Record and track illnesses, accidents, or other events
- Record and track over-the-counter medications, immunizations, and tests
- Record, track, and print important vital statistics
- Explore “Healthy Living Centers,” “Diseases & Conditions Centers,” and online Medical Libraries
- Use self-assessment tools
In addition to the above, Authenticated VA Patients Can:
- View past and future appointments
- View lab work results (chemistry and hematology)
- Get VA Wellness Reminders
- Send and receive online Secure Messages with participating Primary Care teams*
*VA San Diego is rolling out this feature in phases throughout 2011. If your primary care provider is not currently participating, check back later in the year.
Visit My HealtheVet and click the green Register Today button on the right-hand side of the screen.
Upgrade Your Account
In-Person Authentication is a security measure intended to protect patient privacy that allows Veteran users to enjoy the fullest benefits of My HealtheVet.
- Fill out the My HealtheVet release of information form (VA Form 10-5345a)
- During your next VA visit, submit your completed form and show one form of valid government-issued photo ID to a designated VA staff member at one of the following locations:
- VA La Jolla Medical Center – Clinic Clerk or Release of Information Office
- VA Chula Vista Clinic – Clinic Clerk or Eligibility and Enrollment Office
- VA Escondido Clinic – Clinic Clerk or Front Desk Reception Clerk
- VA Imperial Valley Clinic – Front Desk Reception Clerk
- VA Mission Valley Clinic – Clinic Clerk or Eligibility and Enrollment Office
- VA Oceanside Clinic – Clinic Clerk or Eligibility and Enrollment Office
Avoiding Common Account Registration Issues
You can avoid the two most common problems VA patients have registering, In-Person Authenticating, and accessing upgraded account features by:
- Including your exact name as it appears on your VA prescription labels or VA patient ID card when you register online
- If your VA prescription labels or VA patient ID card lists your full middle name, enter your full middle name in your My HealtheVet account
- If your prescription labels or card lists only your middle initial, enter only your middle initial
- If you do not have a middle name, leave the field blank
- Checking the “VA Patient” box when you register online
- Checking the “VA Patient” box tells the system to match your account to Department of Veterans Affairs records
- If you have ever received health care from the VA and you want access to all upgraded My HealtheVet features, make sure you check the “VA Patient” box
The My HealtheVet Help Desk is available toll free Monday through Friday, 4 a.m. to 5 p.m., at (877) 327-0022.
My HealtheVet Coordinator
Need help? Call the
My HealtheVet Help Desk
Monday - Friday
4 a.m. to 5 p.m.