Volunteer or Donate
Thinking of volunteering? We need YOU.
Volunteers are important members of our health care team and we appreciate their time, talents, and energy. Every day they help us provide the highest quality of care to the men and women who served our country.
For more information call (858) 642-3267.
What can Volunteers do?
- Provide office assistance, filing, typing, and answering phones
- Drive vans or trams (valid CA driver’s license, copy of auto insurance, physical, and DMV print out) are all required.
- Escort patients
- Facilitate recreation therapy programs
- Feed patients
- Help with grounds maintenance
- Work in laundry or clothing room
- Greet patients and visitors at the Welcome Center
- Assist with coordinating special events
- Provide assistance in one of the following Services:
- Physical Therapy (priority given to students accepted in a PT program)
- Radiology (priority given to students accepted in a Radiology program)
- Spinal Cord Injury Unit
- Supply Processing Department
- Welcome Center
- Nursing & Patient Care Outpatient Clinics
- Veterans Healing Garden
Requirements to Volunteer:
- Complete initial tuberculosis screen test (annually thereafter)
- Complete an online orientation program
- Complete and clear Special Agency Check (fingerprint screening)
- Acceptance by one of our utilizing services
If you are interested in making a donation to benefit Veterans at the VA San Diego Healthcare System, please call (858) 642-3267.