Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA San Diego Healthcare System
- Successes Mark Aspire Center’s First Anniversary
- “This program is playing a great role in keeping Veterans off the streets when many would have no other options before coming here” said Aspire Center Director Deborah Dominick.
- National Salute to Veteran Patients Week
- The VA National Salute is observed annually during the week of Valentine’s Day, a day of caring and sharing which underscores the Salute’s expression of honor and appreciation to inpatient and outpatient Veterans.
- VA San Diego Healthcare System is an Energy Star
- VA San Diego Healthcare System has received the Energy Star Certification for its reduced energy usage through a co-generation plant and by implementing new features to improve efficiency.
- VASDHS is a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality
- VASDHS was recognized as a “Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, country’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender civil rights organization.
- VASDHS earns 2013 “Top Performer” recognition
- We’re pleased to announce The Joint Commission has recognized VA San Diego Healthcare System as a 2013 Top Performer on key quality measures. VASDHS was also a Top Performer in 2012 and 2010.
- Veterans Receive Quilts for the Holidays
- Inpatients at the VASDHS were surprised on Dec. 17 to be visited by women of the Ladies Auxiliary VFW Post 3788, who brought holiday cheer in the form of handmade quilts along with a holiday card.
- VA employees share love at the holidays
- “The Veterans we serve are more than just patients, they are part of our VA family,” said Geri Hollinger, 2014 Care & Share Coordinator at the VA San Diego Healthcare System (VASDHS).
- VASDHS Launches Interactive Engagement System
- To create a more engaging and interactive experience for inpatients, VA San Diego Healthcare System is now one of 38 VA medical centers using a system called the GetWellNetwork.
- VASDHS encourages Veterans to be tobacco free
- Vietnam Veteran Ronald Ward has a great reason to remind him why he shouldn’t smoke. “Your health,” he says. It’s this simple fact that has kept him away from cigarettes since 2010.
- Honoring America's Heroes
- Veterans Day is a special time to honor America's Veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and sacrifice to protect our freedom and democracy. Catch VASDHS at the San Diego County Veterans Day Parade on Nov 11.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- 81-Year-Old Veteran Chooses Rehab Over Surgery
- Korean War Veteran Victor Ferentino, 81, was a runner for 60 years. After a spill in Manhattan he did his research and chose rehab at his VA Physical Therapy clinic over surgery.
- A Veteran Who Was on Iwo Jima 70 Years Ago Today
- This week is the 70th anniversary of the raising of the flag on Iwo Jima. "Woody" Williams, 91, was there and received the Medal of Honor for his courageous action on that memorable day.
- VA's Veterans Crisis Line Saves Lives Every Day
- We've answered more than a million-and-a-half calls from Veterans in crisis. And helped with 45,000 rescues. The Veterans Crisis Line helps prevent suicides by providing immediate crisis intervention.
- List of Presidents who were Veterans
- Do you know how many of our Presidents served in the military? As we celebrate President's Day, here is a list of Presidents who are Veterans. From George Washington to George Bush.
- American Sniper Highlights Veterans' Readjustments
- The recent box-office hit American Sniper sheds light on how difficult the transition to civilian life can be. VA has in-person, online and telephone-based services that can help.
- A Day of Caring and Sharing with America's Veteran
- At VA medical centers across the country, thousands of Americans will express their Valentine's wishes of love and gratitude to Veteran patients during VA's annual National Salute to Veteran Patients.
- She Knew Something was Wrong with Her Heart
- VA is joining the American Heart Association to fight heart disease in women Veterans. Here's the story of one woman Veteran who received life-saving treatment at a VA Medical Center.
- Veterans: Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
- Did they pick February to be Heart Month because of Valentine's Day and all those heart shapes? Whatever. It's a great time to remind Veterans of the everyday things you can do to stay heart healthy.
- West Va. Woman Finds Joy Volunteering at VA
- Over the last nine years Joan Chambers, 67, has racked up over 6,000 hours of volunteer work at Huntington VA Medical Center in West Virginia. 'I like keeping busy,' she explained.
- A New and Improved VA Prescription Label
- VA asked hundreds of Veterans to tell us what they liked and didn't like about the labels on their prescriptions. We heard you. The results led to this new patient-centric prescription label.