Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA San Diego Healthcare System
- VASDHS Launches Interactive Engagement System
- To create a more engaging and interactive experience for inpatients, VA San Diego Healthcare System is now one of 38 VA medical centers using a system called the GetWellNetwork.
- VASDHS encourages Veterans to be tobacco free
- Vietnam Veteran Ronald Ward has a great reason to remind him why he shouldn’t smoke. “Your health,” he says. It’s this simple fact that has kept him away from cigarettes since 2010.
- Honoring America's Heroes
- Veterans Day is a special time to honor America's Veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and sacrifice to protect our freedom and democracy. Catch VASDHS at the San Diego County Veterans Day Parade on Nov 11.
- CVS to donate infant car seats to Veteran mothers
- CVS Health will kick off its plan to donate $2,500 worth of infant car seats to soon-to-be Veteran mothers enrolled at the VASDHS with a ceremony on Nov. 6, at 11:30 a.m., in the multipurpose room.
- Free Seasonal Flu Shots for Enrolled Veterans
- San Diego VAMC offers FREE flu shots for all enrolled Veterans, September 29, 2014 to December 30, 2014. Patients with a scheduled appointment will be given flu vaccine during their clinic appointment.
- VASDHS announces local Veterans Town Hall meetings
- The VA San Diego Healthcare System is hosting town hall meetings for Veterans, family members, and the public to provide feedback on VA health care services and make recommendations for improvement.
- September is Suicide Prevention Month
- Taking the time to reach out can be the first step to getting those who served the support they need. A single action – one call, one chat, one text, one conversation – can have a significant impact.
- Homeless Programs Transforming Lives In San Diego
- A San Diego County Veteran Center outreach program is quietly transforming lives of homeless veterans in ways they never dreamt while helping save taxpayers money in the bargain.
- VASDHS opens new health clinic in Sorrento Valley
- VA San Diego Healthcare System (VASDHS) will celebrate the grand opening of the new Sorrento Valley Clinic with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and open house on Friday, Aug. 22, 2014 from 10:00 -10:30 a.m.
- San Diego VA Medical Center now has WiFi
- For your convenience, WiFi is now offered at key areas throughout San Diego VA Medical Center. To access, use your laptop, tablet or phone to search for a network in key areas listed below and select VA-Guest WiFi.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Giving Thanks ... with Empathy and Hope
- PJ Johnson knows about recovery. She was hit by a car while undergoing chemotherapy for cancer. During her rehab, the Veterans she usually helps encouraged her to get better and come back to them.
- Brain Bank to Help in Treatment of PTSD
- A new brain bank in Vermont will help with understanding abnormal brain activity in PTSD and could pave the way for new approaches to diagnosis and treatment of individuals with PTSD.
- Quit Smoking for Your Health and Breathe Easier
- November 20th is the Great American Smokeout. Join the Smokeout by quitting or making a plan to quit smoking that day. Succeed with helpful tips from Dr. Timothy P. Carmody.
- Just Saying No to Pain Meds
- Specialists at the VA in Charleston, South Carolina, have helped more than 400 patients ease off their chronic pain medications. How did they do it? The answer might surprise you.
- Thousands Sign Up for Dental Insurance
- Over 60,000 Veterans and CHAMPVA beneficiaries have signed up for a dental insurance plan for Veterans with no dental coverage and those eligible for VA dental care who want more coverage.
- Parades Planned Across America on Veterans Day
- On Veterans Day, November 11, Americans pause to honor and salute the men and women whose service and sacrifice made our freedom possible – an annual day of thanks from a grateful nation.
- Tabby Cat Makes Life Easier for Dying Veterans
- An orange tabby cat named Tom lives on the hospice unit of the Salem VA Medical Center in Virginia, providing comfort, amusement and companionship to dying Veterans and their family members.
- VA Offers Programs for Family Caregivers
- The job of caregiver is not easy. It can lead to frustration and burnout. That's why VA has developed two very helpful programs to make the task of caring for your loved one easier and healthier.
- Burn pit exposure? Sign up now in VA Registry.
- Exposed to burn pits or other airborne hazards while deployed? Believe you have health conditions related to these exposures? Join VA's Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry. Learn how here.
- Veterans Arts Festival is Fun and Therapeutic
- VA's Annual Creative Arts Festival is a nation-wide talent competition that lets thousands of Veterans express themselves creatively while helping with their mental and physical health and recovery.