Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA San Diego Healthcare System
- How You Can Help Reduce Appointment Wait Times
- Of the total amount of opportunities for appointments available last year with VA San Diego Healthcare System (VASDHS), 8.87% or almost 70,000 appointments went unused due to Veteran no shows.
- Help Veterans by Participating in a Research Study
- VA San Diego has launched a new research opportunities web page to recruit Veterans in human subject studies benefitting the future of medical treatments for Veterans and the general community at large.
- Successes Mark Aspire Center’s First Anniversary
- “This program is playing a great role in keeping Veterans off the streets when many would have no other options before coming here” said Aspire Center Director Deborah Dominick.
- National Salute to Veteran Patients Week
- The VA National Salute is observed annually during the week of Valentine’s Day, a day of caring and sharing which underscores the Salute’s expression of honor and appreciation to inpatient and outpatient Veterans.
- VA San Diego Healthcare System is an Energy Star
- VA San Diego Healthcare System has received the Energy Star Certification for its reduced energy usage through a co-generation plant and by implementing new features to improve efficiency.
- VASDHS is a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality
- VASDHS was recognized as a “Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, country’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender civil rights organization.
- VASDHS earns 2013 “Top Performer” recognition
- We’re pleased to announce The Joint Commission has recognized VA San Diego Healthcare System as a 2013 Top Performer on key quality measures. VASDHS was also a Top Performer in 2012 and 2010.
- Veterans Receive Quilts for the Holidays
- Inpatients at the VASDHS were surprised on Dec. 17 to be visited by women of the Ladies Auxiliary VFW Post 3788, who brought holiday cheer in the form of handmade quilts along with a holiday card.
- VA employees share love at the holidays
- “The Veterans we serve are more than just patients, they are part of our VA family,” said Geri Hollinger, 2014 Care & Share Coordinator at the VA San Diego Healthcare System (VASDHS).
- VASDHS Launches Interactive Engagement System
- To create a more engaging and interactive experience for inpatients, VA San Diego Healthcare System is now one of 38 VA medical centers using a system called the GetWellNetwork.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Winter Clinic World-Leader in Adaptive Sports
- VA's annual National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic has significantly changed the lives of thousands of disabled Veterans, reminding them of the wonder life still has to offer.
- Rehab Veterans volunteer for four-week lock down
- Unique approach to rehab. At the Topeka VA, a new voluntary alcohol and drug rehab program called 'Fresh Start' requires patients to commit to 30 days of intense therapy in a locked unit.
- Veterans with PTSD Reclaiming Their Lives
- VA is working hard every day to help Veterans with PTSD, from World War II generals to Iraqi conflict corporals. Here are links to resources and courageous stories from Veterans who have been there.
- These Veterans lost a LOT of weight. You can too!
- Hundreds of Veterans of all ages — and shapes — are losing weight every day with VA's MOVE! program and now there's an app to help you join this happy, healthy group. Check it out!
- You Can Make the Most of Your Whole Health
- It's not about what's the matter with you. It's about what matters most to you. There's a link to a form in this story that could help you enhance your overall well-being by focusing on these factors.
- Change Your Mind about Brain Injury
- VA's Polytrauma System of Care, a network of over 100 programs, provides world-class rehabilitation services for Veterans and helps them transition back to their homes and families.
- VA and DoD Meet for Patient Safety Awareness Week
- During Patient Safety Awareness Week, doctors, nurses and clinicians from VA and DoD will be 'United in Safety' as they discuss and analyze ways to make your hospital experience safer.
- You can have MS but MS does not have you
- You can have Multiple Sclerosis with limited mobility and still have passion for the causes that are meaningful to you. Read this story about Army Veteran Brian Pettyjohn who does just that.
- Roots of VA Health Care Started 150 Years Ago
- On March 3, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln signed a law establishing a national soldiers and sailors asylum. Today's VA evolved from that facility established for Civil War Veterans of the Union Army.
- 81-Year-Old Veteran Chooses Rehab Over Surgery
- Korean War Veteran Victor Ferentino, 81, was a runner for 60 years. After a spill in Manhattan he did his research and chose rehab at his VA Physical Therapy clinic over surgery.