Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA San Diego Healthcare System
- Free Seasonal Flu Shots for Enrolled Veterans
- San Diego VAMC offers FREE flu shots for all enrolled Veterans, September 29, 2014 to December 30, 2014. Patients with a scheduled appointment will be given flu vaccine during their clinic appointment.
- VASDHS announces local Veterans Town Hall meetings
- The VA San Diego Healthcare System is hosting town hall meetings for Veterans, family members, and the public to provide feedback on VA health care services and make recommendations for improvement.
- September is Suicide Prevention Month
- Taking the time to reach out can be the first step to getting those who served the support they need. A single action – one call, one chat, one text, one conversation – can have a significant impact.
- Homeless Programs Transforming Lives In San Diego
- A San Diego County Veteran Center outreach program is quietly transforming lives of homeless veterans in ways they never dreamt while helping save taxpayers money in the bargain.
- VASDHS opens new health clinic in Sorrento Valley
- VA San Diego Healthcare System (VASDHS) will celebrate the grand opening of the new Sorrento Valley Clinic with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and open house on Friday, Aug. 22, 2014 from 10:00 -10:30 a.m.
- San Diego VA Medical Center now has WiFi
- For your convenience, WiFi is now offered at key areas throughout San Diego VA Medical Center. To access, use your laptop, tablet or phone to search for a network in key areas listed below and select VA-Guest WiFi.
- Introducing the New Interactive Campus Map
- Finding your way around San Diego VA Medical Center just got easier with the new interactive campus map on our Internet website. It can be found by clicking under Locations & Directions on the VASDHS left navigation bar.
- VASDHS Hosts Medical Tent During Stand Down
- For the 27th year, VA San Diego Healthcare System (VASDHS) will be organizing and managing the medical tent at this year’s Stand Down for homeless Veterans, July 18 - 20, at San Diego High School.
- Recovery from PTSD Possible with Treatment
- “The two main tools for recovery are psychotherapy and medication, which is sometimes combined,” said Dr. Sonya Norman, PTSD Consultation Program Director for the National Center for PTSD.
- Home-Based Care Available at San Diego VAMC
- VASDHS provides a wide range of home-based services such as homemaker/home health aide, respite care and adult day healthcare to help chronically ill or disabled Veterans to remain in their homes.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Free Rides for Vets Living in Highly Rural Areas
- VA has just made it possible for more of America’s Veterans living in highly rural areas to get free transportation to a VA medical center or other facilities that provide VA care.
- With a Little Help, a Veteran's Life Transformed
- One minute, Army Veteran Robbie Myers was living in a tent. The next, he was winning a nationally-televised cooking competition. His amazing journey began when he walked into a VA Medical Center.
- Dondi gets Flu Shot Along with 96-year-old Creator
- 96-year-old Veteran Irwin Hasen is the cartoonist who created the famous character Dondi, a war orphan. He recently sketched his famous creation reminding Veterans and VA staff to get their flu shot.
- Go Green for Mental Illness Awareness Week
- In observance of Mental Illness Awareness Week, VA facilities will be sponsoring events designed to educate Veterans, their families and staff on mental health recovery concepts and practices.
- Slimming Down Helps with Diabetes & Pre-diabetes
- Weight loss in overweight adults with diabetes can improve blood sugar levels, decrease the need for some medications, reduce blood pressure, improve heart function, and improve cholesterol levels.
- Male Breast Cancer: A Rare Disease, on the Rise
- Male breast cancer is rare, accounting for less than one percent of cancers in men and less than one percent of all breast cancer. VA researchers are helping to understand the phenomenon.
- VA Leads the Nation in Breast Cancer Screening
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. VA wants to help Veterans learn more about breast cancer with the helpful tools listed in this story including a Breast Cancer Risk Calculator.
- High Heels a Snap With New Prosthetic Foot
- Veterans and others who have lost a lower limb and need prosthetic feet have been limited in the footwear they can choose. A VA researcher in Minneapolis and his colleagues aim to change that.
- The Blue Button is Literally a Life Saver
- Read how one married couple — both Veterans — use VA’s online Personal Health Record, My HealtheVet, all the time and encourage Veterans to sign up and take advantage of its many great features.
- Be Disaster Aware and Take Action to Prepare
- Tornados? Floods? Hurricanes? Are you prepared if one of those hit your home? Take advantage of these check lists during National Preparedness Month. Get your family ready for all emergencies.