Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA San Diego Healthcare System
- Homeless Programs Transforming Lives In San Diego
- A San Diego County Veteran Center outreach program is quietly transforming lives of homeless veterans in ways they never dreamt while helping save taxpayers money in the bargain.
- VASDHS opens new health clinic in Sorrento Valley
- VA San Diego Healthcare System (VASDHS) will celebrate the grand opening of the new Sorrento Valley Clinic with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and open house on Friday, Aug. 22, 2014 from 10:00 -10:30 a.m.
- San Diego VA Medical Center now has WiFi
- For your convenience, WiFi is now offered at key areas throughout San Diego VA Medical Center. To access, use your laptop, tablet or phone to search for a network in key areas listed below and select VA-Guest WiFi.
- Introducing the New Interactive Campus Map
- Finding your way around San Diego VA Medical Center just got easier with the new interactive campus map on our Internet website. It can be found by clicking under Locations & Directions on the VASDHS left navigation bar.
- VASDHS Hosts Medical Tent During Stand Down
- For the 27th year, VA San Diego Healthcare System (VASDHS) will be organizing and managing the medical tent at this year’s Stand Down for homeless Veterans, July 18 - 20, at San Diego High School.
- Recovery from PTSD Possible with Treatment
- “The two main tools for recovery are psychotherapy and medication, which is sometimes combined,” said Dr. Sonya Norman, PTSD Consultation Program Director for the National Center for PTSD.
- Home-Based Care Available at San Diego VAMC
- VASDHS provides a wide range of home-based services such as homemaker/home health aide, respite care and adult day healthcare to help chronically ill or disabled Veterans to remain in their homes.
- VASDHS celebrates National VA Research Week with symposium
- In association with National VA Research Week, May 19 – 23, the San Diego VA Medical Center will host a symposium to share the latest in local research advances with the public.
- Female Veteran Finds Solace at the Aspire Center
- “I was not the same person, could not provide for my kids and no one understood what I was going through,” Davis said. “I told my mom and she recommended I get in touch with the local VA medical center.”
- VASDHS celebrates 25th year of Spinal Cord Injury
- VASDHS celebrates 25 years of serving paralyzed Veterans in Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Center. The SCI Center's building dedication was held on October 15, 1988 and admitted the first patient on March 27, 1989.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- "Family" of Patients Appreciate VA Doctor
- Veteran patients of VA doctor in Augusta, Georgia, tell why they “wouldn’t have any other doctor.” Dr. Jianhua Cheng replies that he just wants to do his best and praises the entire Augusta team.
- Stand Downs - Putting Lives Back Together
- Stand Downs — Providing services to homeless Veterans, including health screenings, benefits counseling and other referrals. A collaborative effort by VA and other government and community agencies.
- Veterans: Have a health question? Search here!
- We’ve put the contacts for almost all your health questions in one convenient health index. Add this site to your FAVORITES for a link to take you to VA websites with valuable information.
- Helping Women Veterans Find the Help They Need
- VA’s Women Veterans Call Center has received over 11,000 incoming calls and made nearly 130,000 outbound calls, successfully reaching 76,000 women Veterans. The number is 1-855-VA-WOMEN.
- National Veterans Wheelchair Games Come to Philadelphia
- The National Veterans Wheelchair Games are designed to improve the quality of life for Veterans with disabilities and to foster better health through sports competition.
- The Purple Heart: One Veteran's Long Journey
- Thousands of American Veterans have received the Purple Heart. We mark the anniversary of the creation of the award by George Washington with the story of John Reist, wounded three times in Vietnam.
- Veterans: Keep Your Immunizations Up to Date
- Protect you and your family by keeping your vaccinations current. Here are some helpful links to websites on immunization information.
- Vanquishing PTSD at the Cellular Level
- VA researchers are exploring the possibility of using a steroid pill to take the trauma out of traumatic memories by quieting the intense and sometime debilitating emotions associated with those memories.
- The Other Side of VA Dentistry
- Dr. Dai Phan provides an accurate reproduction so that dental and nasal prostheses can be fabricated — a little known service provided to Veterans who have lost part of their oral cavity due to trauma or cancer.
- Once Homeless, Veteran Now Works for VA
- Formerly homeless Veteran James Mobley, 53, now works full-time as a social services aide at the same VA domiciliary in Dublin, Ga., where he spent nearly a year in recovery.