Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA San Diego Healthcare System
- VASDHS Features 5th Annual Clothesline Project
- VA San Diego Healthcare System (VASDHS) will display this year’s Clothesline Project in honor of Sexual Assault Awareness Month on April 27 in front of the San Diego VA Medical Center.
- VA San Diego Recognizes Earth Day
- April 22nd is Earth Day and VA San Diego Healthcare System cares about environmental stewardship. In 2014, VASDHS was named as Recycler of the Year by the City of San Diego for its increases in waste diversion.
- How You Can Help Reduce Appointment Wait Times
- Of the total amount of opportunities for appointments available last year with VA San Diego Healthcare System (VASDHS), 8.87% or almost 70,000 appointments went unused due to Veteran no shows.
- Help Veterans by Participating in a Research Study
- VA San Diego has launched a new research opportunities web page to recruit Veterans in human subject studies benefitting the future of medical treatments for Veterans and the general community at large.
- Successes Mark Aspire Center’s First Anniversary
- “This program is playing a great role in keeping Veterans off the streets when many would have no other options before coming here” said Aspire Center Director Deborah Dominick.
- National Salute to Veteran Patients Week
- The VA National Salute is observed annually during the week of Valentine’s Day, a day of caring and sharing which underscores the Salute’s expression of honor and appreciation to inpatient and outpatient Veterans.
- VA San Diego Healthcare System is an Energy Star
- VA San Diego Healthcare System has received the Energy Star Certification for its reduced energy usage through a co-generation plant and by implementing new features to improve efficiency.
- VASDHS is a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality
- VASDHS was recognized as a “Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, country’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender civil rights organization.
- VASDHS earns 2013 “Top Performer” recognition
- We’re pleased to announce The Joint Commission has recognized VA San Diego Healthcare System as a 2013 Top Performer on key quality measures. VASDHS was also a Top Performer in 2012 and 2010.
- Veterans Receive Quilts for the Holidays
- Inpatients at the VASDHS were surprised on Dec. 17 to be visited by women of the Ladies Auxiliary VFW Post 3788, who brought holiday cheer in the form of handmade quilts along with a holiday card.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Planting Cabbage on Earth Day in a Healing Ground
- Hundreds of Veterans have found a safe haven for dealing with a variety of issues in a Walla Walla VA “Healing Ground” garden. Thinking about things with the “clarity of fresh air.”
- Veterans and Medical Centers Celebrate Earth Day
- Veterans are seeing green as they join VA Medical Centers across the country in a variety of programs to celebrate Earth Day initiatives that help the planet and create a healing environment.
- Do You Know How Much Salt is in that Soup?
- With K-rations, you ate what you got. Today, Veterans can make smart decisions about the food they put in their body. Here’s a quick and easy summary of how to read those Nutrition Facts Labels.
- World War II Vet Says Volunteering Keeps Him Alive
- Ninety-two-year-old Orville Swett, a retired optician, has been volunteering at the VA eye clinic in Daytona Beach for 25 years. His job? Adjusting glasses for Veterans who visit the clinic.
- Dedicated Volunteers Serve Veterans for Decades
- Volunteering: the ultimate exercise in democracy. We may vote in elections once a year, but when we volunteer, we vote every day for the kind of community we want to live in.
- How Occupational Therapy Works for You
- VA's occupational therapists help Veterans participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities and occupations. Read on to learn how they do it.
- National Public Health Week - Five Days to Health
- Veterans, how many times do you exercise per week? Immunizations up to date? When was the last time you got tested for HIV? Here's VA's “Five Days to Health” challenge to help build a healthier you.
- Goal: Satisfying Sexual Relationship
- Many Veterans struggle with sexuality in their relationships. Two VA psychologists assert that a satisfying sexual relationship strengthens the whole family and it needs to be addressed.
- Winter Clinic World-Leader in Adaptive Sports
- VA's annual National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic has significantly changed the lives of thousands of disabled Veterans, reminding them of the wonder life still has to offer.
- Rehab Veterans volunteer for four-week lock down
- Unique approach to rehab. At the Topeka VA, a new voluntary alcohol and drug rehab program called 'Fresh Start' requires patients to commit to 30 days of intense therapy in a locked unit.